CYO (Christian Youth Organization)
Registration for CYO Basketball is now CLOSED!
CYO By-Laws can be found HERE
- Mike Gregoris, President
- Don Storck, Vice President/Athletics
- Jilly Tocci, Vice President/Cultural
- Donna Foley, Treasurer
- Lisa Webb-Rape, Finance Secretary
- Kathy Costello, Fundraising Coordinator
- Gina Martens, Communications & IT
- Earlene Neidert, School Liason
The CYO Board Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Parish Center.
CYO Athletic and Cultural Activities
All participants must be members of the parish/school and must pay the CYO sport registration fee. Students who do not attend Notre Dame of Bethlehem School must be enrolled in religious education classes up through and including 8th grade and attend Sunday Mass.
CYO athletic activities include: Cross Country, Track & Field, Basketball, Volleyball
Cultural activities include: Band, Choir, Academic Bowl, Bishop Welsh Religion Award, Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest, Talent Show and Spelling Bee.
CYO Achievement Awards - Students accumulate points for each CYO activity that they participate in. The following awards are earned by students by participating in the athletic, cultural and religious events. Award levels are based on the total CYO points earned. The awards are given to students at the annual CYO banquet
- CYO Recoginition Award - Minimum of 12 CYO points with at least 3 points from cultural activities
- CYO Achievement Award - Minimum of 18 CYO points with at least 5 points from cultural activities
- CYO Outstanding Award - Student must earn 24 or more CYO points with at least 7 points from cultural activities
Point System for Achievement Awards:
- Academic Bowl - 3 points
- Band - 6 points
- Choir - 3 points
- Declamation - 3 points (ONLY when a student participates in Diocesan Competition)
- Poster Contest - 2 points
- Religious Award - 6 points
- Spelling Bee - 1 point
- Sport Activities - 6 points for each sport a student participates in
- Talent Show - 3 points